IMD Solicitors is an expanding, multicultural, full service law firm that is leading the way in the provision of legal services for European communities and businesses throughout England and Wales. Our aim is to compete with the Top 100 law firms in the UK.
We pride ourselves on providing outstanding client care and excellent quality legal services whilst recognising the importance of communication in our clients’ native languages and without legal jargon.
We offer an enjoyable and rewarding working environment and a very friendly team.
We are committed to our staff and recognise the importance of their continued development.
We truly care about our staff! In fact, even our core values (see about us) are underpinned by “above all, in everything we do, WE CARE” and we really mean it.
We want to attract and retain top talent and consistently develop the best lawyers and leaders in the business.
We are always interested to hear from talented individuals, regardless of whether you are looking to develop your skills or already have a notable record in the legal profession.
Check out our current vacancies below. We also welcome speculative CVs.
Job Location: Manchester/London
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable (depending on experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Mon-Fr)
We have an excellent opportunity for a Polish speaking Family Paralegal in either our Manchester or London office.
The role will include assisting the Solicitor and Head of Department, Melissa Cunningham with a wide range of family law matters.
The role is suited to a candidate who has experience is dealing with family work and in particular the following areas: divorce, financial matters, child arrangements, maintenance matters, child abduction.
The candidate will have experience in preparing legal documents, including but not limited to: preparing divorce petitions, drafting consent orders in financial matters, preparing children act proceedings court forms.
The specification of the role is:
- Be able to communicate in Polish and English
- Preparing court forms, Family Practice Direction related tasks such as court bundles and statements under supervision
- Working towards tight deadlines
- Advising clients in a professional manner and ensuring that advice given is accurate and in line with current legislation
- Professional with clients
- Good team player, supportive of colleagues
- Flexible and adaptable to work demands
- Ability to use initiative
- Dealing with all incoming family enquiries either from other Offices, Courts or from potential new Clients, redirecting enquiries to appropriate person.
- Translation of correspondence and documents as and when required
Previous experience in a similar role is required.
You can apply for the position by sending your up to date CV and covering letter for the attention of Ms Gillian Sisson and send to firstname.lastname@example.org